- Call to Order [Matthew]
- Opening Prayer [Everyone]
We gather as individuals; we meet as equals,
We honor the paths to which we’re called.
We respect the divine that dwells in us all.
Good friendships form here; for we speak without fear,
We express freely with trust within these walls
And may acceptance echo through the halls
Whoever your gods may be; we share love and accept thee!
- Attendance Roll Call [Carla]
- Reading of the Minutes from Last Meeting [Carla]
- Status of Organization [Jarred]
- 26 Official Members
- 1 New Member sign up this week
- 4 Memberships expired without renewal
- Budget [Lori]
- General Fund: $204.25
- Advertisement: $27.71
- Office Supplies: $34.52
- Events: $87.34
- Academy: $7.21
- TOTAL: $361.03
- Responsibilities of Board of Directors [Jarred]
- In December 2016, it was decided that responsibilities of the Board of Directors would be outlined and procedures developed to handle when those responsibilities are not met; this topic has not been revisited since and no procedures have been developed.
- Proposal 1: Outline the qualifications for running for the Board of Directors
- Proposal 2: Outline the general responsibilities of the Board of Directors (i.e. attend board meetings, etc)
- Proposal 3: Develop procedure in dealing with a board member who has neglected their duties (including a removal and replacement process)
- Term Lengths of Board of Directors Members [Jarred]
- Proposal: Change term lengths of individuals holding seats on the board of directors from 1-year terms to 3-year terms.
- Rationale: It has been discussed previously that we spend a quarter of the year focused on re-elections and how elections will be held rather than on the organization itself.
- Once approved by the Board of Directors, this proposal will then need to pass a referendum of the members (September 20, 2017).
- 5 Year Plan Committee [Matthew]
- The 5 Year Plan Committee has come up with the following ideas for the organization: